Thursday 16 February 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1950 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Roman Tam: Hong Kong singer (Roman and the Four Steps) (d. 2002).
- Kazuki Tomokawa: Japanese acid-folk singer.
- William Katt in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Greatest American Hero, First Love).
- Peter Hain: British politician, a Member of Parliament, returned at General Election 4/01/1991 to replace the deceased member, Donald Coleman.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - The Cry Of The Wild Goose
- Rag Mop - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?