Saturday 25 February 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Flair [Richard Fliehr] and Anthony Lloyd.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Show of Shows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1950 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Rick Flair [Richard Fliehr]: Wrestling champ (NWA / WWF / WCW / AWA).
- Anthony Lloyd: British Member of Parliament.
- Nestor Kirchner: Argentine politician (d. 2010).
- Francisco Fernandez Ochoa: Spanish alpine skier (d. 2006).
- Francisco Ochoa: Spanish skier (d. 2006).
- Neil Jordan: Irish director screenwriter and author
- Néstor Kirchner: Argentinian lawyer and politician 51st President of Argentina (d. 2010)
- Mick Miller: English comedian and actor
- Emitt Rhodes: American singer-songwriter (The Merry-Go-Round)
- Jaak Tamm: Estonian politician (d. 1999)
- Your Show of Shows with Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca premieres on NBC Writers include Mel Brooks, Neil Simon and Woody Allen
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?