Tuesday 2 January 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vivir con 10.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Osmo's Hex Isle or Mass Effect.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 2 January 2007 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 January
- Dan Shaver: American racecar driver (Born 1950).
- Garry Betty: American CEO of Earthlink (Born 1957).
- Elizabeth Fox-Genovese: American historian (Born 1941).
- Mauno Jokipii: Finnish professor and researcher (Born 1924).
- Don Massengale: American PGA Tour golf player (Born 1937).
- Seven policemen charged in a deadly Danziger Bridge shooting in the chaotic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina turn themselves in at a New Orleans city jail. (MSNBC)
- A report by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation reveals that twenty-six of their employees witnessed abuse at the Guantánamo Bay detainment camp in Cuba. (CNN)
- Earlier reports of the discovery of the wreckage of Adam Air Flight 574 are proved false. (Reuters)
- Former US President Gerald Ford's state funeral takes place at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. His casket is later moved to his hometown Grand Rapids, Michigan for burial on Wednesday January 3, 2007. (CNN)
- Sri Lankan Airforce bombs the fishing hamlet of Padahuthurai in what they call a rebel LTTE sea base results in the death of 14 civilians on January 2, 2007.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?