Tuesday 16 January 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2007 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- Ron Carey: American union leader (d. 2008).
- In Scottsdale, Arizona, the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction is held, over six days. A 1967 silver Corvette coupe, the last Sting Ray built, sells for US$600,000.
- Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev nominates Felix Kulov for Prime Minister. If Kulov is confirmed by the Supreme Council, this will be the third time Bakiyev has appointed Kulov Prime Minister. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- Thailand summons the Singaporean ambassador to Bangkok to protest about a visit made by former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra, deposed in the 2006 Thai coup d'état, to Singapore. Thaksin was able to meet the Singaporean Deputy Prime Minister, S Jayakumar, but Singapore played down the meeting as ampquotpurely social and privateampquot. (BBC)
- The world's first genetically modified chickens have been bred by scientists in Edinburgh. The birds supposedly lay eggs that can help fight cancer. (The Times)
- 2004-2006 Waziristan conflict:
- Pakistani cobra helicopter gunships destroy three suspected terrorist compounds in South Waziristan reportedly killing 8 people and wounding 10. (CBS News)
- Two bombs at Mustansiriya University in Baghdad kill at least 70 people and wound 170 more. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?