Thursday 4 January 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 January 2007 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 January
- Ben Gannon: Australian theatre producer (Born 1952).
- Gren: Welsh newspaper cartoonist (Born 1934).
- Helen Hill: American filmmaker (Born 1970).
- Steve Krantz: American film and TV producer (Born 1923).
- Sir Lewis Hodges: British Air Chief Marshal (Born 1918).
- A dense metallic meteorite about 1-inch in diameter crashes through the roof of a house in eastern New Jersey, USA.
- Nancy Pelosi becomes the first female speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
- The 110th United States Congress convenes, electing Nancy Pelosi as the first female Speaker of the House in U.S. history.
- Buffalo American terrorist James Charles Kopp has appealed his sentence to federal court. Jury selection is underway. (WKBW)
- Josefa Iloilo is restored as President of Fiji by Commodore Frank Bainimarama, leader of the December 2006 coup d'état. (AP)
- A Russian Soyuz 2 rocket body re-enters the atmosphere as ampquotspace junkampquot, breaking up and disintegrating over Denver, Colorado, and is seen throughout the Rocky Mountains of the United States. The rocket was used to launch the French CoRoT astronomy satellite on December 27, 2006. None of the ampquotspace junkampquot fragments are confirmed to have struck Earth. (KDVR)
- Quadrantids meteor shower of 2007: An irregular metallic object, the size of a golf ball and the weight of a can of soup, severely damages a house in Freehold Township, New Jersey. No one is injured. (Fox News)
- The New Way Forward in Iraq War leadership:
- U.S. National Intelligence Director John Negroponte resigns. United States President George W. Bush appoints him Deputy Secretary of State according to officials. (BBC)
- Bush replaces key military Leadership in Iraq: Navy Admiral William J. Fallon replaces General John Abizaid as CENTCOM commander and General David Petraeus replaces General George Casey as Commander of Multinational Force Iraq. scotsman.com
- NASA announces '' (Saturn Daily)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?