Wednesday 24 January 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 January 2007 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 January
- In Giles County, Virginian, USA a meteor sighting if followed by a thundering tremor.
- In a speech at Brandeis University, former United States President Jimmy Carter apologizes for the wording of a sentence in his recently published book, ''Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid''. He referred to the wording as ampquotstupidampquot and subsequent reprintings will change it. Despite the book's controversy, the audience received him with a standing ovation. (JTA)
- Thomas Lepoutre announced his gay pride movement today
- Ecuador's Defense Minister Guadalupe Larriva is killed along with three pilots and her daughter in a crash involving two helicopters. Larriva was the first woman to serve as the country's defense minister. (Reuters)
- India and Russia agree to jointly develop fifth-generation stealth fighter jets. (ISRO)
- Over 100,000 Turkish citizens, including those of Armenian descent fill the streets of Istanbul to mourn and mark the assassination of Hrant Dink, editor of the dissident newspaper ''Agos''. (The Baltimore Sun)
- War in Somalia: The U.S. military conducts another air strike against supposed al-Qaeda operatives in Somalia. (Reuters)
- A Sudanese airliner, Air West Flight 612, carrying 103 people, is hijacked by a lone gunman and diverted to N'Djamena, Chad. The Air West flight lands at the airport in N'Djamena and the hijacker is arrested. (BBC)
- The flight data recorder (alternatively referred to as the 'black box') of Adam Air Flight 574 has been located off the coast of Sulawesi. (BERNAMA.com)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?