Friday 19 January 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dakota Robinson .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mystery ER.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alvin and the Chipmunks or Battlestations:Midway.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 January 2007 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Dakota Robinson: American noted family member, she is the first child of ex-prisoner-of-war, Jessica Lynch.
- Turkish Journalist Hrant Dink is assassinated in front of his newspaper's office by 17 year old Turkish ultranationalist Ogun Samast.
- Chinese President Hu Jintao signs a series of economic deals with Sudan.
- Martti Ahtisaari unveils a United Nations plan for the final status of Kosovo Serbian leaders denounce the proposal.
- The IPCC publishes its fourth assessment report, having concluded that global climate change is ampquotvery likelyampquot to have a predominantly human cause.
- The Storm Worm Trojan horse infects thousands of computers (mostly private) in Europe and the United States. (BBC News)
- The Government of Kyrgyzstan arrests the leader of the Hizb ut-Tahrir branch in Kyrgyzstan. HuT is a designated terrorist organization and is considered to have ties to Al Qaeda, though it maintains it is a political party. (Interfax-Religion)
- War in Somalia: Somalia's presidential palace is hit by two mortar shells. It's unknown if Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf was inside during the attack. (CNN)
- Hurricane force winds claim at least 40 lives in Western Europe including 10 lives in Britain and 11 in Germany, and other victims in The Netherlands (6), Poland (6), Czech Republic (3) and France (3). (CNN)
- Robert Gates, the United States Secretary of Defense, visits Basra, Iraq to consult with US and allied commanders. (News Limited)
- Twelve of the thirteen suspects in Norway's NOKAS robbery case from 2004, are found guilty and given sentences from 4 - 19 years in prison. (Aftenposten)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?