Sunday 2 May 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1954 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Bulelani T Ngcuka: South African attorney / leader (UDF).
- Elliot Goldenthal: American composer and conductor.
- Dawn Primarolo: English politician.
- Stephen Venables: English mountaineer and author.
- Angela Bofill: American singer songwriter.
- Roberta Pedon: American glamour model (d. 1982)
- Pauline de Cock-Manifarges: Singer, dies at 82.
- Stan Musial hits five homeruns in a doubleheader.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?