Monday 4 December 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK Tower Of Strength by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Hawaii, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1961!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1961 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Rocky Dennis: American child born with craniodiaphyseal dysplasia which distorted his face, making it grow twice normal size.
- Naomi Robson: American-born Australian journalist.
- Frank Reich: American football player and coach.
- WXGA TV channel 8 in Waycross, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Tanganyika becomes the 104th member of the United Nations.
- Floyd Patterson knocks out Tom McNeeley in four rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
- Smallest New York Knicks crowd at 49th Steet Madison Square Garden - 1,300 (due to snowstorm).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?