Wednesday 4 June 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 4 June 2008 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 June
- Nikos Sergianopoulos: Greek actor (Born 1952).
- The Detroit Red Wings win the NHL's Stanley Cup in a 3-2 Game Six win over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- J.M. Smucker Company announces it will acquire Folgers, the largest U.S. coffee business, from Procter & Gamble Company for stock in a deal valued at US$2.95 billion.
- Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for the 2008 Danish embassy bombing stating it was revenge for the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy. (Bloomberg)
- Tony Rezko, a Chicago property developer and former fundraiser for Barack Obama, is convicted on 16 charges of corruption. (''Chicago Tribune'' via ''Los Angeles Times'')
- A coolant leak at Krško Nuclear Power Plant in Slovenia triggers the European Union's ECURIE nuclear emergency alert system. Slovenian authorities state the situation is under control, with no radiation leak into the environment. (BBC News)
- The International Olympic Committee releases a shortlist of 2016 Summer Olympics bids consisting of Chicago, United States Tokyo, Japan Madrid, Spain and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Sports Network)
- Lithuanian Prime Minister Gediminas Kirkilas announces plans to avoid recession as growth of the Lithuanian economy slows. (Bloomberg)
- The Malaysian government announces a 40% increase in fuel prices, with gasoline rising from 1.92 ringgit (US$0.61) per litre to 2.70 ringgit by midnight. (''International Herald Tribune'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?