Monday 4 June 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Brave, directed by Mark Andrews, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 4 June 2012 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 June
- Mexican Drug War: gunmen kill 11 people at a rehabilitation clinic in the city of Torreón, Coahuila. (Reuters)
- A US drone attack kills at least 15 suspected militants in Pakistan's North Waziristan region. High ranked al-Qaeda official Abu Yahya al-Libi is killed in the attack. (''The Guardian'')
- A car bomb explodes near Iraqi government offices in central Baghdad, killing at least 26 and injuring 190. Eight others are killed in additional attacks across the country. (Antiwar)
- Vigilantes attack a bus and kill nine passengers in western Myanmar. (Reuters)
- Aftermath of the Libyan civil war:
- A heavily armed militia takes over a runway at the Tripoli International Airport, demanding the release of their leader who went missing. (BBC)
- A Libyan military court sentences a group of Russian, Belarussian and Ukrainian men to long prison terms, having found them guilty of serving as mercenaries for Muammar Gaddafi in the Libyan civil war. A Russian who was deemed the group's leader was sentenced to life imprisonment, and the rest were sentenced to 10 years in prison with hard labor. (Reuters)
- Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II:
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, is taken to hospital with a bladder infection. (BBC)
- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert, a pop concert featuring artists such as Robbie Williams, Stevie Wonder and Sir Paul McCartney, takes place at Buckingham Palace. (BBC)
- At least 23 people are killed and 60 injured after a bus carrying a wedding party crashes near the Pakistani capital Islamabad. (AFP via Perth Now)
- Luka Magnotta, a suspect in a murder case in Canada, is arrested in an Internet cafe in Berlin. (BBC)
- The Parliament of Albania fails without a vote in the second round to elect the President of the Republic of Albania. (Ansa)
- The Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihiko Noda announces a Cabinet reshuffle following a split in the ruling Democratic Party of Japan. (''Washington Post'')
- Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is sworn in as a member of Parliament's upper house the Rajya Sabha. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?