Thursday 28 June 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Girl with Hyacinths, directed by Hasse Ekman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 28 June 2012 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 June
- Mexican Drug War: A kidnapped Mexican mayor is found tortured and killed in the state of Oaxaca. (Fox News)
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Turkey sends rocket launchers and anti-aircraft guns to its border with Syria following the downing of a Turkish military plane last week. (BBC)
- An explosion occurs in the carpark of the Palace of Justice in Damascus, wounding at least 3 people. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- The Taliban releases a video of 17 decapitated Pakistani soldiers. (''Global Post'')
- In Pakistan, a bomb in Quetta explodes next to a bus carrying Shias, killing 10 and leaving 30 injured. (Reuters)
- At least 14 people are killed and more than 50 wounded in a series of car bomb attacks in Iraq. (BBC)
- The share price of Barclays bank plunges by 17 per cent after it was hit with a record fine for distorting key interest rates to rig international markets. (Al Jazeera)
- ''The Wall Street Journal'' reports that the board of News Corporation has agreed to split the company into two businesses for publishing and entertainment. (''The Wall Street Journal'' via ''The Australian'')
- Eurozone leaders hold an emergency meeting on assistance to Spain and Italy. (AP via ''Seattle PI'')
- The United Nations expresses concern over the historical city of Timbuktu. (BBC)
- 2012 Great Britain and Ireland floods:
- A man is killed as torrential rain causes widespread flooding across England. The storms also force the Olympic torch relay to be halted briefly. (BBC)
- Vice President of Iran Mohammad-Reza Rahimi delivers an anti-Semitic speech at a United Nations conference on the illegal drug trade saying that a central Jewish text, the Talmud, was responsible for the spread of illegal drugs around the world his speech draws condemnation from U.N. and the European Union diplomats. (''The Times of Israel'')
- The Metropolitan Police Service's extradition unit delivers a notice to WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange at Ecuador's London embassy. (BBC)
- South Korea announces it will sign a military pact with Japan to encourage sharing of sensitive military intelligence. (''New York Times'')
- The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, including the requirement for citizens to acquire health care by 2014. (''New York Times'')
- The Yugoslav war crimes tribunal acquits Radovan Karadžić of one of two genocide counts. (Al Jazeera)
- A New Zealand court rules that search warrants used to raid the home of Kim Dotcom, founder of MegaUpload, in connection to alleged copyright infringement were invalid. (Reuters)
- British Prime Minister David Cameron says the management of Barclays faces ampquotserious questionsampquot about its role in distorting key interest rates to rig international markets. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?