Sunday 4 November 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Watson and Tom Greenhalgh.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Power.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1956 ?
- Jeff Watson: Rock guitarist (Night Ranger).
- Tom Greenhalgh: Swedish singer-songwriter (The Mekons).
- James Honeyman-Scott: English guitarist and songwriter (The Pretenders) (Born 1956).
- Jordan Rudess: American keyboard player and songwriter (Dream Theater Liquid Tension Experiment and Dixie Dregs).
- Art[hur] Tatum: US jazz pianist / composer, dies at 46.
- 200,000 Russian troops attack anti-Stalinist revolt in Budapest
- Israel captures Straits of Tiran and reach Suez Canal Egypt
- USSR sends tanks into Hungary and threatens to bomb Budapest
- Soviet troops enter Hungary to end the Hungarian revolution against the Soviet Union, that started on October 23. Thousands are killed, more are wounded, and nearly a quarter million leave the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?