Wednesday 28 November 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1956 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Fiona Armstrong: English-Scottish journalist and author.
- Kristine Arnold: Torrance, California -- Singer (Sweethearts of Rodeo-Midnight Girl).
- Lucy Gutteridge: Actress (Top Secret, Trouble With Spies).
- Photography begins on ... & God Created Women
- Roger Vadim's drama film ''And God Created Woman'' released in France as ''Et Dieu… créa la femme'', propels Brigitte Bardot into the public spotlight as a quotsex kittenquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?