Friday 23 November 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Teahouse of the August Moon, directed by Daniel Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1956 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Lucien Duc: French homicide; with the help of his wife, he murdered his parents and stole their money.
- Michael Brainard in Louisiana: USA; actor (Joey Martin - All My Children).
- Shane Gould: Australian Champion Olympic swimmer, the only person, male or female, to hold every world freestyle record from 100m to 1500m simultaneously, and the only swimmer ever to win three Olympic Gold Medals in world record time.
- Jeanne Cappe: Belgian Author (Tres Grand Cardinal), dies at about 61.
- The Suez Crisis causes petrol rationing in Britain. Motorists panic as petrol rations loom, BBC news
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?