Sunday 4 October 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Lowe and Tony Meo.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawaiian Eye.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1959 ?
- Chris Lowe: English singer and keyboard player (Pet Shop Boys).
- Tony Meo: English billiards champion (snookers).
- Hitonari Tsuji: Japanese author composer and director.
- 1st World Series game played west of St. Louis (in LA)
- Dmitri Sjostakovitch 1st Cello concert premieres in Leningrad
- LA Dodgers set World Series attendance record at 92,394
- Netherlands beats Belgium 9-1
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?