Monday 5 January 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Rose in Henderson and Cliff Potts in Glendale.
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1942 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Charlie Rose in Henderson: North Carolina, USA; newscaster (CBS Night Watch).
- Cliff Potts in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Ted - "Lou Grant").
- Terenci Moix: Spanish writer (d. 2003).
- Jan Leeming: British BBC newswoman, perfectly coiffured and glamorous.
- Roland Lethem: Belgian film director.
- Maurizio Pollini: Italian musician, a pianist who won the first prize at the International Chopin competition in Warsaw, 1960.
- Charlie Rose: American newscaster and journalist, the host of "Charlie Rose" on PBS and a correspondent for "60 Minutes II." Rose, who has a disarming interview style, has been honored with numerous awards including the George Peabody Broadcasting Award, an Emmy and the Cable ACE Award. He is a popular speaker at colleges around the United States.
- Rudolf Smit: Dutch astrologer, a computer expert and, up to 1985, dealer for Matrix. In 1975 he authored an astrology text. He became skeptical about astrologer later, but continues to practice it, see
- 55 German tanks reach North-Africa.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?