Wednesday 7 January 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1942 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Vasily Alexeev: Russian weightlifter.
- Paul Revere in Boise: Idaho, USA; keyboardist (Paul Revere and Raiders - "Fallin in Love", "Good Thing").
- Vasili Alexeyev: USSR -- Weightlifer (1972, 76 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Vasily Alekseyev: Russian-German weightlifter and coach (d. 2011).
- Jim Lefebvre: American baseball player and manager.
- Danny Steinmann: American director and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- Danny Williams: South African singer (Born 1942)
- Henry : Prince of Great Britain, the sixth child of Frederick, Prince of Wales and Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, and a younger brother of George III.
- WW II siege of Bataan starts
- US and Filipino forces withdraw to Bataan.
- World War II: The siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?