Thursday 19 July 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Great [Yoshiaki] Yatsu and Peter Barton in Valley Stream.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1956 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Great [Yoshiaki] Yatsu: Wrestler (NJPW / WCCW / WWF).
- Peter Barton in Valley Stream: Long Island, New York, USA; actor (Powers of Matthew Star).
- Veronica Lario: Italian low budget actress, the second wife of industrialist millionaire Silvio Berlusconi.
- Juliane Werding: Juliane Werding is a German singer and alternative therapy practitioner (Heilpraktiker).
- K Applegate: American author.
- Mark Crispin: American computer scientist designed the IMAP (d. 2012)
- Joe Mohen: American internet entrepreneur
- Rajendra Prasad: First President of India (Born 1884)
- Nikki Sudden: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Jacobites and Swell Maps) (d. 2006)
- Colin Wilson: Professor of Volcanology
- Yoshiaki Yatsu: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- US refuse to lend Egypt money to build Aswan Dam
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?