Wednesday 25 July 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Iman [Abdulmajid] and Louis Bacon.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1956 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Iman [Abdulmajid]: Mogadishu, Somalia -- Model / actress (Star Trek 6).
- Louis Bacon: Entrepreneur.
- Andy Goldsworthy: English-Scottish sculptor and photographer.
- 38th PGA Championship: Jack Burke at Blue Hill Country Club - Boston
- Italian liner Andrea Doria sinks after colliding with the Stockholm
- Jordan attacks UN Palestine force
- (11:20 PM) Italian luxury liner Andrea Doria (29,000 tons) collides with Swedish-American Line steamship M.S. Stockholm (12,600 tons) in the North Atlantic, off the coast of Nantucket, USA. The Andrea Doria is struck midship; the Stockholm loses a portion of its bow, with the loss of five lives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?