Monday 6 January 1936, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruben Amaro and Julio Maria Sanguinetti Coirolo.
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1936 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Ruben Amaro: Sr.
- Julio Maria Sanguinetti Coirolo: President of Uruguay.
- Lewis Engman: American lawyer and government official.
- Darlene Hard: American tennis player and winner of 21 Grand Slam Championships.
- Julio Sanguinetti: Uruguayan politician who became the President fromMarch 1, 1985 to March 1, 1990 and again from 1995-2000.
- Rubén Amaro: Sr. Mexican baseball player and scout
- Charles A Stoneham: president (New York Giants), dies.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?