Monday 6 January 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1936 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Rubén Amaro: Sr.
- Julio Sanguinetti: Uruguayan politician who became the President fromMarch 1, 1985 to March 1, 1990 and again from 1995-2000.
- Lewis Engman: American lawyer and government official.
- Ruben Amaro: Sr.
- Julio Maria Sanguinetti Coirolo: President of Uruguay.
- Darlene Hard: American tennis player and winner of 21 Grand Slam Championships. From 1953-1963 she was ranked among the top ten on the amateur circuit. In 1960 she won the singles championship at the French Open. A year later she captured the singles title in the US Championships and repeated that victory a year later. She was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in 1973. After her career on the tennis court ended she opened tennis shops and gave instructions on the game. Knee surgeries and ski
- Charles A Stoneham: president (New York Giants), dies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1936 and get them!