Tuesday 7 January 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1936 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Hunter Davies: Scottish-born writer, journalist and broadcaster.
- Eldee Young: American bassist (Young Holt Unlimited - "Hang on Sloopy").
- François Saint-Macary: French Catholic clergyman, who was Metropolitan Archbishop of Rennes, Dol and Saint-Malo from September 1998 to March 2007.
- G Blakey: American lawyer and academic.
- Ben Cropp: Australian shark hunter and photographer.
- Guy d'Hardelot: French composer, best known for Because (Born 1858).
- Tennis champions Helen Moody and Howard Kinsley volley 2,001 times (1 hour 18 minutes).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?