Monday 6 January 1969, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1969 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Alvin Morman in Rockingham: North Carolina, USA; pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Jason Childs NFL tackle (Green Bay Packers: Carolina Panthers).
- Norman Reedus: American actor and model known for his roles as Daryl Dixon in the AMC series The Walking Dead and Murphy MacManus in the 1999 film The Boondock Saints and its 2009 sequel The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day.
- Ree Drummond: Chef.
- WLIW TV channel 21 in Garden City, New York (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The final passenger train traverses the Waverley Line, which subsequently closed to passengers.
- Members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) damage property and assault occupants in the Bogside in Derry. In response, residents erect barricades and establish Free Derry.
- The Soviet Union launches ''Venera 6'' toward Venus.
- Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin's first studio recorded album, is released.
- Martial law is declared in Madrid, the University is closed and over 300 students are arrested.
- An explosion aboard the USS ''Enterprise'' near Hawaii kills 27 and injures 314.
- The Soviet Union launches ''Soyuz 4''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Scaffold - Lily The Pink
- Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Archies - Sugar Sugar
- Marmalade - Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
- Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me Yester-You Yesterday
- Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - I'm The Urban Spaceman
- Blue Mink - Melting Pot
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?