Monday 7 November 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 November 2011 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 November
- The Swedish Enforcement Administration (''Kronofogden'') announces the public auction of seven paintings originally believed to be painted by German leader Adolf Hitler. (TT via ''Dagens Nyheter'') (Swedish)
- Gary Gensler, chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, recuses himself from that agency's investigation into the bankruptcy of MF Global. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Barnes Noble, a company best known for its chain of book stores, enters the tablet computer market with the Nook Tablet, an extension of its line of Nook eReaders. (Reuters)
- Flooding continues in Italy with seven people having died in the past week and thousands of people ordered to evacuate in Turin as the Po River continues to rise. (BBC)
- A 5.5 magnitude earthquake strikes 47 miles SE of Faizabad, India, with tremors felt in Kashmir Valley, Northern Pakistan and in parts of North India. (NDTV)
- Conrad Murray is found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in relation to the death of American entertainer Michael Jackson. (''USA Today'')
- Venezuelan terrorist Carlos the Jackal stands trial in Paris over four bomb attacks in the early 1980s that killed 11 people. (BBC)
- The opposition National Democratic Party, led by Orlando Smith, defeats incumbent Premier Ralph T. O'Neal's Virgin Islands Party, winning 9 seats of the 13 seats in the 2011 British Virgin Islands general election. (''Virgin Islands News'')
- An inquiry is launched following claims identity checks on travellers entering the United Kingdom from outside Europe were scaled back during the summer. Home Secretary Theresa May tells the House of Commons she does not know how many entered the country without proper checks. (BBC)
- Voters in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan go to the polls with the Saskatchewan Party led by Premier Brad Wall winning in a landslide. (CBC News)
- Former world champion boxer Joe Frazier dies of liver cancer. (ABC News America)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?