Monday 14 November 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 November 2011 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 November
- British television soap ''Coronation Street'' becomes the first prime time television show in the UK to use product placement after signing a deal with the Nationwide Building Society. A Nationwide cash machine is seen on screen in an episode. (Sky News)
- The death toll from the 2011 Thailand floods rises to 562. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Libya's National Transitional Council criticizes Niger's offer of asylum to ousted Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi's son, Saadi Gaddafi, for whom Interpol has issued an arrest warrant, saying Niger's position is ampquothostileampquot and a ampquotchallengeampquot to Libya. (CNN)
- Three French aid workers with Triangle Generation Humanitaire kidnapped in Yemen in May are freed. (Associated Press)
- Anders Breivik goes on trial for terrorism in Norway. (DR.dk)
- The Leveson Inquiry into phone hacking gets underway in London. (BBC)
- At London's Old Bailey the trial begins of two men accused of the 1993 murder of Stephen Lawrence. (BBC)
- Riot police shut down the Occupy Portland and Occupy Oakland rallies. Dozens of people are arrested. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- British Member of Parliament Alan Keen, the Labour Party member for Feltham and Heston, dies at the age of 73. (''The Independent'')
- 200,000 people protest in Bogotá, Colombia, against government cuts in public education. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?