Wednesday 16 November 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching When Heaven Burns.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer or Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 16 November 2011 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 November
- Syrian uprising:
- The opposition Free Syrian Army kills at least eight Syrian soldiers in attacks on bases near Damascus and other targets in the country. (CNN)
- France recalls its ambassador to Syria following attacks against diplomatic missions and increasing violence in the Syrian uprising against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad. (''Times of India'')
- Suspected US drone missiles kill 13 militants in a compound in Pakistan's South Waziristan province. (AP via Google News)
- The chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives' Oversight Committee, Darrell Issa, whose panel has been investigating charges that defunct lender Countrywide Financial used its VIP-lending program to buy influence, says that a forthcoming report will include ampquotsignificant new findingsampquot on that point. (Morningstar)
- Thai authorities consider constructing a waterway linking existing natural canals into a 200-km long ampquotsuper-canalampquot that would hold 1.6B cubic meters of water and speed the draining of run-off to prevent flooding like that currently inundating Bangkok and other parts of the country. (CNN)
- Eighteen children and two adults die after an overloaded school bus collides with a coal truck in northwest China's Gansu province. (CNN)
- 2011 Tibetan self-immolation protests:
- Tibetans demonstrate near the Chinese embassy in New Delhi, India, following recent self-immolations by Tibetan monks and nuns protesting the Chinese government's repressive policies in Tibet. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- The President of the United States Barack Obama arrives in Australia for a visit to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the signing of the ANZUS treaty the United States and Australia announce an agreement to expand military cooperation between them, including the stationing of up to 2,500 U.S. Marines near Darwin. (BBC)
- Two bullets are found to have been fired at the White House in Washington, DC., one into a window that was stopped by bullet-proof glass. (CNN)
- Mario Monti is sworn in as Italian prime minister and temporary finance minister, with the task of implementing austerity measures to prevent the euro area's third-biggest economy from collapsing as a result of the debt crisis. (CNN)
- Gordon Lilo Darcy of the ruling National Coalition for Reform and Advancement is elected Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands in a 29-20 parliamentary vote over Milner Tozaka. (''Solomon Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?