Sunday 23 October 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Alamo, directed by John Wayne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1960 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Mirwais Ahmadzaï: Swiss-French keyboard player songwriter and producer (Taxi Girl and Y.A.
- Katoucha Niane: French model and actress (d. 2008).
- Randy Pausch: American professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University, known for his ''Last Lecture'' (Born 1960).
- Wayne Rainey: American motorcycle racer.
- Mirwais : French record producer and songwriter, also known as.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?