Tuesday 22 August 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Bourque and Ant.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Trip, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bellbird.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1967 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Curt Bourque: Jockey.
- Ant: American comedian.
- Anthony Kalloniatis: American stand-up comic who goes by "ANT" as his stage name, he is an, openly gay male, and child of Greek immigrants to the US.
- Robert Leroux: French athlete, an epee fencer, 2nd place winner in the 1995 World championships (team), Bronze Medal (team) on 7/23/1996, Atlanta Olympics.
- Ty Burrell: American actor.
- Layne Staley: US rock singer / guitarist (Alice in Chains-Dirt)
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: English model actor and screenwriter
- Alfred Gough: American screenwriter and producer
- Yukiko Okada: Japanese singer and actress (d. 1986)
- Bill Welke: American baseball player and umpire
- Gregory Goodwin Pincus: American endocrinologist (Born 1903).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?