Monday 8 November 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bart Latuheru and Mike Peluso.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Bräute meiner Söhne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1965 ?
- Bart Latuheru: Soccer player (Vitesse).
- Mike Peluso: Pengilly, Canada -- NHL left wing (New Jersey Devils).
- Jeff Blauser: American baseball player, a second baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
- Natasa Micic: Serbian politician, interim president of Serbia in January 2003, appointed by the Serbian Parliament's Board for Constitutional Issues until a President can be elected.
- Craig Chester: American actor and screenwriter.
- Mike Matarazzo: American bodybuilder and boxer (d. 2014)
- Dorothy Kilgallen: American journalist actress and author (d. 1965).
- Days of Our Lives premieres on TV
- British Indian Ocean Territory formed.
- The 173rd Airborne is ambushed by over 1,200 Viet Cong in Operation Hump during the Vietnam War, while the 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment fight one of the first set-piece engagements of the war between Australian forces and the Vietcong at the Battle of Gang Toi.
- The British Indian Ocean Territory is created, consisting of Chagos Archipelago, Aldabra, Farquhar and Des Roches islands.
- The Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act 1965 is given Royal Assent, formally abolishing the death penalty in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Vogues - You're The One
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?