Saturday 9 June 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helga Haase and Joe Santos in Brooklyn.
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1934 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Helga Haase: German FR, 500m speed skater (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joe Santos in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (The Rockford Files, AKA Pablo, Shamus).
- Pal Karolyi: Composer.
- Wild Jimmy Spruill: Blues guitarist.
- Jackie Wilson in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer ("Lonely Teardrops").
- Jackie Wilson: American soul singer-songwriter and performer. A tenor with a four octave vocal range, he was nicknamed "Mr. Excitement", and was important in the transition of rhythm and blues into soul. He was considered a master showman, and one of the most dynamic and influential singers and performers in R&B and rock 'n' roll history.
- Michael Mates: English colonel and politician
- 1st Donald Duck cartoon, Wise Little Hen, released
- 66th Belmont: Wayne D Wright aboard Peace Chance wins in 2:29.2
- Donald Duck made his 1st screen appearance (The Wise Little Hen)
- Lawson Little beats Gene Sarazen by three strokes for the US Open.
- The Walt Disney Silly Symphony film The Wise Little Hen is released to theaters in the USA. Donald Duck makes his film debut, with a voice supplied by Clarence Nash.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?