Thursday 28 June 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl M Levin and Thomas Olsen.
Of Human Bondage, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1934 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Carl M Levin: (Sen-D Michigan, 1979- ).
- Thomas Olsen: American a Major General who served in the United States Air Force.
- Robert Carswell: Baron Carswell Irish lawyer and judge Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland.
- Roy Gilchrist: Jamaican cricketer (d. 2001).
- Bette Greene: American journalist and author.
- Carl Levin: United States Senator from Michigan
- Georges Wolinski: Tunisian-French journalist and cartoonist (d. 2015)
- Hitler flies to Essen (Night of Long Knifes)
- Division of Grazing created within the Department of the Interior.
- The Nazi SA camp Oranienburg becomes a national camp, taken over by the SS.
- Night of the Long Knives: Nazis purge the SA.
- Bureau of Air Commerce under Department of Commerce.
- The world famous Brookfield Zoo opens in Brookfield, Illinois.
- The Hays Office censorship code for motion pictures goes into full effect in the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?