Friday 11 December 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hank Baskett .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Avatar, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Under the Dome by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101-in-1 Party Megamix or Big Brain Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 11 December 2009 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Hank Baskett: American child of noted parents, his father Hank Baskett is a professional football player, a wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts at the time of his son's birth.
- Tiger Woods announced an indefinite leave from professional golf to focus on his marriage.
- Papua New Guinea's chief Ombudsman Chronox Manek is wounded in an apparent assassination attempt. (ABC Radio)
- Judges in the Constitutional Court of Turkey vote unanimously to ban the country's Democratic Society Party because of its alleged links to Kurdish terrorists. (''The Guardian'')
- Vasily Khristoforov, the head archivist for Russia's Federal Security Service confirms for the first time that the Soviet Union's KGB cremated Adolf Hitler's body in 1970 and scattered his ashes in the Biederitz River. (CNN)
- Oil company Royal Dutch Shell wins the right to develop Iraq's Majnoon oil field in a joint venture with Petronas after the first such auction since the 2003 invasion. The field is expected to generate $900 million a year. (''Forbes'')
- Pope Benedict XVI releases a statement stating that he shares the ampquotoutrage, betrayal and shameampquot felt by the Irish people over the findings of the Murphy Report into sexual abuse by the Catholic clergy in Dublin. (CNN)
- The USA threatens Iran with ampquotsignificant new sanctionsampquot over the country's nuclear programme according to US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. (BBC)
- The body of the former President of Cyprus Tassos Papadopoulos is stolen from the grave, a day before the first anniversary of his death. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Former Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Mohamed ElBaradei says that if he decides to run in the presidential election in Egypt in 2011, he will run as an independent candidate instead of running as a candidate of any of the political parties in Egypt. (Reuters)
- The discovery of the Triassic theropod dinosaur genus ''Tawa'' is announced. (''Times Online'')
- North Korea acknowledges ampquotthe need to resumeampquot the stalled six-party talks on its nuclear program, after talks with U.S. envoy Stephen Bosworth. (BBC)
- The Airbus A400M from Airbus Military performs its maiden flight in Seville, Spain. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?