Wednesday 16 December 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
3 Idiots, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 16 December 2009 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 December
- Manto Tshabalala-Msimang: South African physician and politician (Born 1940).
- Mexican drug lord Arturo Beltrán Leyva, leader of the Beltrán-Leyva Cartel, is killed by personnel of the Mexican Navy during a shootout in Cuernavaca, Morelos. (''The Times'')
- Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen replaces Connie Hedegaard in a ampquotprocedural moveampquot as president of the U.N. climate talks, as further clashes take place around the perimeter of the summit. (Al Jazeera)
- Kelly Kwalik, leader of the Free Papua Movement (OPM), is fatally shot by police in Indonesia. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- An unarmed 26-year-old man is detained after attempting to enter the hospital room of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi as he recuperates from the recent assault. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Malawi recognizes the independence of Kosovo (New Kosova Report)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan declares NRO as unconstitutional, paving way for the reopening of the corruption cases involving the President and other senior officials. (BBC News)
- Archaeologists in Jerusalem say they have discovered a burial shroud from around the time of Jesus in a tomb. (Zee News)
- Toumba Diakite, an aide to Guinea's military leader Moussa Dadis Camara admits to shooting him after the junta leader wanted him to take responsibility for the massacre of opposition protesters in September. (Xinhua)
- The Philippine province of Albay is put under a ampquotstate of imminent disasterampquot as activity at the Mayon Volcano increases. (GMA News)
- North Korea reportedly bans all foreigners from entering the country until early February 2010, for unknown reasons. (Bloomberg)
- Nauru recognizes the independence of South Ossetia, one day after also establishing diplomatic relations with Abkhazia. (''Moscow Times'')
- UK airline Flyglobespan goes into administration, with the cancellation of all scheduled flights. (BreakingNews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?