Saturday 21 January 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1950 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Joseph R Tanner in Danville: Illinois, USA; astronaut (STS 66, 82, sk 97).
- Richie Ranno: Rocker.
- Silke Maier-Witt: German terrorist who is one of the leaders of a famous terrorism group.
- Billy Ocean: R&B Singer.
- Gary Locke: American politician, 21st Governor of Washington, and 36th United States Secretary of Commerce.
- Agnes van Ardenne: Dutch politician and diplomat Dutch Minister for Development Cooperation
- George Orwell: British novelist and essayist who won his greatest success in 1946 with his amusing and witty anti-communist satire, "Animal Farm," and in 1949 with his shocking and insightful futuristic novel, "1984.
- Lend an Ear closes at National Theater NYC after 460 performances
- New York jury finds former State Department official Alger Hiss guilty of perjury.
- Alger Hiss is convicted of perjury.
- Accused communist spy Alger Hiss is convicted of perjury.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Red Foley - Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy
- I Said My Pajamas (And Put On My Pray'rs) - Tony Martin & Fran Warren
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?