Sunday 1 January 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1950 ?
- Svetlana Georgievna Beregovkina: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Yevgeni Vladimirovich Saley: Cosmonaut.
- Wayne Bennett: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Tony Currie: English footballer.
- Morgan Fisher: English keyboard player and songwriter (Mott the Hoople and Morgan).
- Deepa Mehta: Indian-born Canadian film director and screenwriter
- James Richardson: American poet and academic
- Ho Chi Minh begins offensive against French troops in Indo-China.
- The International Police Association (IPA) ampndash the largest police organization in the world ampndash is formed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1950 and get them!