Sunday 29 January 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Jillian in Cambridge and Miklos Vamos.
The Third Man, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1950 ?
- Ann Jillian in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Mr Mom, Jennifer Slept Here).
- Miklos Vamos: Hungarian writer, television host.
- Ann Jillian: American actress who was a minor player until 1979 when she got her big break in "Sugar Babies" on Broadway.
- Kris Riske: American pro astrologer and PMAFA, author of "Astrometeorology: Planetary Power in Weather Forecasting," 1997.
- Max Carl: American singer-songwriter guitarist and keyboard player (Grand Funk Railroad and 38 Special).
- Jody Scheckter: South African race car driver and sportscaster
- Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (Born 1885).
- Lord Balfour criticizes the fact that rationing is still in force in Britain.
- President Harry S. Truman orders the development of the hydrogen bomb, in response to the detonation of the Soviet Union's first atomic bomb in 1949.ampref name=ampquotHCIampquotquotYear by Year 1950ampquot – History Channel International
- The last Kuomintang troops surrender in mainland China.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?