Thursday 12 January 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1950 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Sheila Jackson Lee: American politician.
- Bob McEwen American politician (Representative-Republican-Ohio: 1981-).
- Marilyn R Smith: Microbiologist.
- Patrice Dominguez: French professional tennis player, left handed, he was ranked world N°36.
- Goran Lindblad: Swedish politician.
- Ricky Ray Rector: American murderer (d. 1992)
- Sheila Lee: American lawyer judge and politician
- Göran Lindblad: Swedish dentist and politician
- Bob McEwen: American businessman and politician
- Dorrit Moussaieff: Israeli-Icelandic jewelry designer and businesswoman 5th First Lady of Iceland
- Ricky Rector: American murderer (d. 1992)
- Koos van de Griend: Composer, dies at 44.
- Swedish tanker rams British submarine Truculent in Thames, 64 die.
- USSR re-introduces death penalty for treason, espionage and sabotage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Master Painter - Peggy Lee & Mel Torme
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?