Monday 11 November 1968, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Jett and Lin Elliott.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Yellow Submarine, directed by George Dunning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1968 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- John Jett: NFL punter (Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions).
- Lin Elliott: NFL kicker (KC Chiefs).
- Jo Kittsee: in Germany; rocker (Fuzzbox-Into Rescue).
- Wyatt Pauley in Ecuador rocker (Linear-I Never Felt This Way: Lies).
- David L Cook: American singer and comedian.
- Andy Abad: American musician; guitarist with the rock group "Shadowfax."
- Peter Holmes à Court: Australian CEO of The Australian Agricultural Company, a beef baron, entertainment producer and co-heir to the Holmes à Court fortune founded by his father, Robert Holmes a Court.
- David Cook: American singer-songwriter and comedian
- Lavell Crawford: American comedian and actor
- Muangchai Kittikasem: Thai boxer
- Peaches : Canadian-German singer-songwriter DJ producer and actress
- Jeanne Demessieux: French organist, pianist, composer (d. 1968).
- John Lennon andYoko Ono appear nude on cover of 2 Virgins album
- Ron Hill sets record 10-mile run (46:44) at Leicester, England.
- Maldives (in Indian Ocean) becomes a republic.
- A second republic is declared in the Maldives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?