Saturday 16 November 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Yellow Submarine, directed by George Dunning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1968 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Suzi Simpson: Athens, Greece -- Playmate (Jan, 1992).
- Shobha Reddy: Indian politician (d. 2014).
- Vlado Šola: Croatian handball player.
- Melvin Stewart: US butterfly swimmer (200m record).
- Vlado Sola: Croatian handball goalkeeper.
- Chris Haney: American pro baseball pitcher, the son of Larry Haney, a major league catcher with five teams and coach of the Milwaukee Brewers. Chris was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers organization in the free-agent draft pick 6/02/1987: not signing with them, he attended the Univ. of N.C. in Charlotte and was selected by the Montreal Expos in the second round of free-agent draft pick 6/04/1990.
- Greet Hofmans: Dutch mystic, healer and psychic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?