Saturday 12 June 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Back In My Arms Again by The Supremes.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Collector, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1965 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Cindy Lee Berryhill: US singer / songwriter (Baby).
- Rob Collins: English keyboard player (Charlatans) (1996).
- Florence Guérin: French actress, also known as Florence Nicolas, who appeared both in film and in television roles between 1980 and 2008.
- Gwen Torrence: American field and track: runner, Bronze in 100M in Atlanta, Gold in 200M in Barcelona.
- Filip Topol: Czech singer-songwriter and pianist (Psí vojáci) (d. 2013).
- Cathy Tyson: Liverpool, England -- Actress (Serpant & Rainbow)
- Vicky Vette: Norwegian-American porn actress and model
- Bajour closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 232 performances
- I Had a BaIl closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 199 performances
- Beatles are awarded MBE
- Big Bang theory of creation of universe is supported by announcement of discovery of new celestial bodies know as blue galaxies
- Morio Shigematsu runs world record marathon (2:12:00)
- Sonny and Cher make their 1st TV appearance, American Bandstand
- South Vietnam General Nguyen Cao Ky succeeds Phan Huy Quat as Premier
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?