Wednesday 16 June 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Genghis Khan, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1965 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- J J Birden: NFL wide receiver (Atlanta Falcons).
- Johannes Harisch: WLAF defensive end (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Laverne Eve: Bahamian javelin thrower.
- Andrea Ghez: American astronomer and academic.
- Michael Lynch: Irish businessman co-founded HP Autonomy.
- A planned anti-war protest at The Pentagon becomes a teach-in, with demonstrators distributing 50,000 leaflets in and around the building.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?