Monday 12 October 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Couples Retreat, directed by Peter Billingsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meet the Natives USA.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caucasus: Nanatsuki no Nie or Company of Heroes Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 12 October 2009 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 October
- The 60th International Astronautical Congress opens in Daejeon, South Korea, with approximately 3,000 space experts from more than 70 countries attending. (UPI)
- The death toll from a blast in Pakistan's Shangla District has reached at least 41, with a further 45 injured. (AFP)
- Elinor Ostrom and Oliver Williamson win the Nobel Prize for Economics. (Bloomberg)
- Edgar Allan Poe receives a funeral in Baltimore, USA, 160 years after his death and 200 after his birth. (BBC)
- Kai Eide of Norway, the top United Nations official in Afghanistan, acknowledges ampquotwidespread fraudampquot took place during the recent presidential election in the country. (''The Independent'')
- Six Uyghurs are sentenced to death over riots in the western region of Xinjiang, China in July. (RIA Novosti)
- A large fire sweeps through a shanty town in Sao Paulo, Brazil, leaving at least 200 families without homes. (Associated Press)
- The pro-Kremlin United Russia party wins around 80% of regional and local seats in elections held in 76 regions in Russia. Opposition alleges vote rigging (Xinhua)
- Two people are injured in a bomb attack in Milan, Italy, after a Libyan man explodes a device at the entrance of an army barracks. (Associated Press)
- India test fires two medium range Prithvi II missiles in the eastern state of Orissa. (Press TV)
- Guineans observe an opposition strike to commemorate those who died at an opposition rally last month. (Angola Press)
- North Korea fires five short range missiles into the Sea of Japan, after issuing a ampquotno sail zoneampquot for waters off its east and west coasts until October 20. (Xinhua)
- The body of two-year-old Aisling Symes, who disappeared last week in New Zealand, is located in a drain in Henderson, Auckland, near the place where she was last sighted. (IOL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?