Sunday 18 October 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2009 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 October
- Yemen claims to have killed 18 Shia rebels in fighting in the north of the country. (Pro Kerala)
- Iraq accuses neighbouring countries of stealing sections of its national archives, including centuries-old documents. (AFP)
- Ukraine commences its first presidential election campaign since the 2004 Orange Revolution. (Reuters)
- A Rwandan doctor working in a French hospital is suspended after a nurse locates an Internet Interpol arrest warrant, accusing him of a 1994 ampquotgenocide, war crimesampquot. (Reuters)
- At least 60 Taliban militants are killed in an ongoing offensive in South Waziristan, northwest Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- Jenson Button wins the 2009 Formula One World Championship in Interlagos, São Paulo, Brazil, by finishing fifth in the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Germany and Israel complain about a Bangkok museum billboard depicting a salute by Adolf Hitler beside the slogan ampquotHitler is not deadampquot. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- Hurricane Rick strengthens to a Category 5 storm, becoming the strongest hurricane in a decade in the eastern Pacific Ocean. (CNN)
- The Australian state of Queensland declares a state of emergency after more than 50 wildfires burn out of control. (''The Australian'')
- Eight people are jailed in Hubei, China, for ampquotdisrupting public orderampquot after 10,000 people participated in riots following the controversial death of a chef in June. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Scotland Yard investigates a complaint about an article by Jan Moir in the UK's ''Daily Mail'' tabloid concerning her views on the death of Boyzone singer Stephen Gately. (RTÉ)
- 2009 Pishin bombing:
- Iranian state television says Britain was directly involved in the attack and intended it as a distraction from problems it faces in Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- Seven people are killed and 20 injured after gunmen open fire in a bar in Puerto Rico. (Associated Press)
- Two foreign aid workers Sharon Commins and Hilda Kawuki ndash one Irish and one Ugandan ndash working for the GOAL charity captured in Sudan's Darfur region more than three months ago are released. (BBC)
- A boat with 76 migrant workers on board headed for Canada is seized by the Canadian Navy and RCMP off its west coast in the Pacific Ocean. (AFP)
- The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) assists Indonesian and Malaysian agencies with two distressed boats. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Icelandic government says it has come to a new agreement with the governments of the Netherlands and the UK over the repaying of $5bn. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?