Thursday 22 October 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to 3 by Britney Spears.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- Sweden's Lutheran Church decides to conduct same-sex marriages, becoming the first major church to do so. (Reuters)
- China's economy grows at 8.9% in the third quarter from a year earlier, the fastest pace in a year. (CNN)
- In a change of policy, the British Broadcasting Corporation controversially gives a platform on ''Question Time'' to the far right British National Party (BNP) leader Nick Griffin. (Associated Press)
- The Microsoft operating systems Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 go on retail sale worldwide. (CNET News)
- The Russian civil rights society ''Memorial'' is awarded the 2009 Sakharov Prize for freedom of thought. (euronews)
- Ethiopia appeals for food aid for 6.2 million people facing starvation. (CBC)
- Nearly 6,000 Tamil refugees are released from Sri Lanka's main camp for war-displaced people, to be re-settled over the next few weeks. (BBC)
- A U.S. State Department report to Congress alleges that war crimes were committed by the Sri Lankan Military and the rebel Tamil Tigers in the final months of the Sri Lankan Civil War. ( BBC)
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security will allow Chinese and Russian tourists to travel to the Northern Mariana Islands without a visa. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- The Olympic Flame was lit during a ceremony in Olympia, Greece to start the 2010 Winter Olympics Torch Relay.( Gamesbids.com)
- The U.S. House Financial Services Committee approved a measure establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Agency.( Washington Post)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?