Saturday 15 December 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1956 ?
- Tony Leon: South African politician who served as leader of the opposition from 1999-2007 as leader of the Democratic Alliance.
- William Orbit: English keyboard player and producer (Torch Song and Bassomatic).
- KGW TV channel 8 in Portland, OR (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WRAL TV channel 5 in Raleigh-Durham, NC (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Emergency crisis in North Ireland proclaimed after Irish Republican Army strikes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 December 1956 and get them!