Tuesday 17 January 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1956 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Damian Green: English journalist and politician Minister of State for Immigration.
- Paul Young: rock vocalist/keyboardist ("Every Time You Go Away").
- Mitch Vogel in Alhambra: California, USA; actor (Jamie - Bonanza).
- Blind Alfred Reed: American folk, country, and old-time musician (Born 1880).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?