Thursday 26 January 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Howard and Lisa Boray.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Court Jester, directed by Melvin Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinépanorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1956 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Simon Howard: English large landowner (Castle Howard).
- Lisa Boray: [Schulte Nordholt]; Dutch singer ("Lovers Until the End").
- Hank Greenberg and Joe Cronin are elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Porkkala military base returned to Finland by USSR.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?