Friday 13 January 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don't Go Near the Water by William Brinkle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1956 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Malcolm Foster: rock bassist (Pretenders - "Mystery Achievement").
- Janet Hubert-Whitten: Actress (Vivian Banks-Fresh Prince of Bel Air).
- Janet Hubert: TV Actress.
- Ghislaine Dupont: French journalist for RFI (Radio France Internationale) since 1986.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?