Monday 16 January 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1956 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jennifer Dale: Canadian actress.
- Martin Jol: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Ivan Safronov: Russian journalist and engineer (d. 2007).
- Greedy Smith: Australian singer-songwriter and keyboardist.
- Egyptian President Nassar pledges to reconquer Palestine.
- President Gamal Abdal Nasser of Egypt vows to reconquer Palestine.
- Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser vows to reconquer Palestine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?