Tuesday 18 June 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Bishop and Jurgen Habermas.
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1929 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- James Bishop: Editor (London News Publications).
- Jurgen Habermas: German sociologist and philosopher.
- Eva Bartok: Hungarian actress who was on-screen from 1952 and starred in 38 films.
- Ademar Barros Filho: Brazilian entrepreneur, the founder of Lacta (the Brazilian equivalent to Hershey's), producers of "Sonho de Valsa" (Waltzing Dream) and "Ouro Branco" (White Gold), said to be the world's best bonbons.
- Jürgen Habermas: German social theorist, the leading representative of the second generation of the Frankfurt School.
- Louis Seguin: French writer and film critic. Along with Roger Tailleur and Michel Perez, he founded the mimeographed publication Séquences in 1952. Louis Seguin was one of the main contributors to Positif, a French film magazine, also serving on its editorial board from 1953 to 1978. He died on 9 January 2008.
- Ann Mara: American businesswoman and philanthropist (d. 2015)
- Tibor Rubin: Hungarian-American soldier Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2015)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?